You can start the registration process right away. But if you want to speed the process up, verify your Facebook Business Account.
The necessary information about the Legal Entity is:
- Candidate's Legal Name
- Candidate's Website URL
Each Legal Entity (aka company) can register up to 5 different business accounts. It is possible to ask for an exception though.
- Phone Number
- Facebook Business ID of a verified business.
- Display Name
(GMT+02:00) Europe, Berlin
- Business Website URL
- It can be same as the Candidate's Website URL
- e.g. Brazil, USA
- Business Vertical
The registration process consists of these steps:
- Create a WhatsApp channel (API)
- Register WhatsApp Business Account (API) by providing:
- The account was registered, Amio notifies your company. (Webhook, Email)
- WhatsApp takes up to 2 weeks to register your account.
- Request verification. (API)
- Submit verification PIN (API)
- Your account is ready. Now you can:
- prepare opt-ins
- let people visit your WA Business Account
- and start programming.
You must approve "messaging on behalf of" request. You will receive a notification within the Business Manager and by email.
- Log in to the Business Manager.
- Within Business Manager, click Business settings.
- Click Requests.
- Under Received, find the request and click Approve.
- Create a new Facebook Business account or use an existing one.
- Verify your business.
- Locate the Facebook Business ID (See how to get it.)
You will need to receive a verification PIN that you hand over to Amio via API or email.
You have to plan this step a bit as you will have about 2 hours between the verification request and the PIN submission.
The steps are:
- Pick verification method:
- Receiving a call
- Receiving SMS
- Receive PIN.
- Verify the WhatsApp phone number by sending the PIN to Amio via API.
IVR - Interactive Voice Response
If behind IVR there are two workarounds:
- Turn IVR off and receive the call.
- In IVR, whitelist phone numbers provided by WhatsApp AND receive the call.
In any case, let us know on [email protected] beforehand.
Updated over 2 years ago