In order to receive SMS messages, you have to set up MessageBird Receive URL. Receiving messages is technically done using Message Received webhook call which you receive from Amio server whenever someone sends you an SMS.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will use Ngrok to route incoming webhook calls to your local machine.
- Download and install Ngrok.
- (Optional) Create a server app with opened url for Amio webhooks, i.e.
http://localhost:<YOUR_APP_PORT>/webhook/amioand start it.
- Start Ngrok for routing to your local server with command
./ngrok http <YOUR_APP_PORT>.
- Copy the forward url from Ngrok (
https://c25d851e.ngrok.ioin our case) and set this url in Amio app (Administration - Channel Detail - Webhook tab).
- If you haven't done that before, send SMS to your phone number.
Receive Messages - Phone Number
You can receive SMS messages to a dedicated phone number. You have to have a custom number registered at MessageBird and have your channel configured accordingly (See MessageBird setup documentation for more details).
- Reply to your incoming message on your mobile phone.
- Observe your local server has received an HTTP POST request.
- You can see all incoming requests in Ngrok web interface as well
Updated about 5 years ago