Receiving email is technically done using webhook calls which you receive from Amio server whenever someone sends you a message.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will use Ngrok to route incoming webhook calls to your local machine.
- Download and install Ngrok.
- (Optional) Create a server app with opened URL for Amio webhooks, i.e.
http://localhost:<YOUR_APP_PORT>/webhook/amioand start it.
- Start Ngrok for routing to your local server with the command
./ngrok http <YOUR_APP_PORT>.
- Copy the forward url from Ngrok (
https://c25d851e.ngrok.ioin our case) and set this URL in Amio app in an email channel on the Webhook tab.
- Go to your email client and send an email to a domain connect previously, e.g. in our case
- Observe your local server has received an HTTP POST request.
- You can see all incoming requests in Ngrok web interface as well
Updated over 2 years ago